Friday, August 22, 2008

Outside Lands, Day 1

A few months ago, I signed up to photograph Outside Lands, the biggest music festival in the Bay Area that looks to challenge Coachella and Bonnaroo. Since I've never shot anything this big before, I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. Basically, what it comes down to is this: the bigger the event, the less control and access. Although it's really exciting to hear and see some of my all-time favorite bands, it's also rather disappointing to feel like a pack-mule and one in a herd of sheep.

Now that Day 1 is through (and with that the pain of figuring out logistics), I plan to challenge myself to find more creative and artistic photos. Photos by Alison Yin







The Cold War Kids:





Manu Chao was my favorite performance of the day:



Radiohead was definitely the headliner tonight if not for the whole weekend, and they were so inspiring they turned everyone red.











No comments: